Monday, April 27, 2009

A Hot Day Starts the Second Week of Hot Arms: P'ster

Well, my first week's tally on the hot arms routine is not so hot: I stuck to the program (15 push ups a.m. & p.m.; 2 sets of 10 triceps dips and 2 sets of 10 biceps & delts curls with 8 lb. hand weights) two out of the seven days. Nice going, p'ster. But I shouldn't be too hard on myself cause that's what turns people off their programs.

I didn't make the exercise deficit up in kickboxing either, attending only one class on Thursday evening. The plus though was that it was an advanced session and, D. not be able to be there, I ended up sparring with a red belt-level teenage boy. There are certainly advantages in sparring with partners of various abilities, ages and genders. This kid, with his budding testosterone-fueled strength could have pummeled me, but I think he might have been a little intimidated. In any case, I got in a few shots that surprised him, and one of the senseis watched us and gave us good tips. all in all, a good, sweaty workout. so sweaty, in fact, that it caught the attention of Hot Arms, who came for the second class. We ended up in the coat room at the same time, she coming in, me getting ready to go. i took off my headgear with the bravado of like a gladiator and she said, with that faraway gleam in her eye that makes her look like she's either on meds or needing to be or just ADD (well, that could go back to the meds things): "you look like you just sparred!" yes i did. "and when are you going to? you have all your gear right?" "yeah," she hemmed, "but..." i can't remember what the "but" was, blinded as i had become by the revealing of her dazzling hot arms. i muttered something inane and left.

this weeks goals remain much the same as last weeks except for: 1) try to actually stick to the program daily; 2) up to push ups to 16; and 3) try to make it to at least 3 kb classes.

so far, today, i've done my dips/curls and the first set of 16 pu's.

it's so hard being a modern day gladiator.

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up. It's always good to say you held your own with a boy half your age. Hot arms, aside.

    ReplyDelete